Our approach to development
Good Energy prides itself on being a responsible developer and aims to ensure that all our renewable energy projects deliver local benefits, bringing investment to the local economy, and enhancing the natural environment to leave a positive legacy for years to come.
With all of our generation projects we ensure that this is put into practice through our Development Charter which sets out the following aims:
- To engage fully and openly with those communities closest to any proposed site and, where possible, to consider alternative suggestions for the size, layout and presentation of that site.
- To offer a local electricity tariff to those households closest to any onshore wind farm we develop with an installed capacity of more than 4MW. The local tariff will be at least 20% cheaper than Good Energy’s standard tariff. If the site performs well, an additional ‘windfall’ may be paid to reflect that.
- To ensure that Good Energy developments deliver investment in the local area either through community funds, direct investment from Good Energy or a combination of both.
- To explore opportunities to deliver community ownership of the sites the Company develops so that the greatest possible number of people are able to benefit from that development.
- Around all of the Company’s projects Good Energy will look to develop bespoke bio-diversity action plans to create, enhance and improve habitats, restoring ecosystems and allowing wildlife to thrive for years to come.